Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7

Today I am grateful for spontaneity! My day was full of spontaneity! I lost my return train ticket home and didn't want to buy another, so I walked home. I took the canal that runs along the train line. As I was walking along the beautiful canal on such a beautiful day with such a beautiful disposition about myself, I came upon an old man. As I came near him, he turned around. I pulled my headphones out just in time to hear him say "Oh I thought you might be a bike!" And from then on, he didn't stop talking. But I was okay with that. I was in a good mood and I just love old people and listening to what they have to say. I was ready to make a friend, even if for only my walk. He told me that he was walking to strengthen his legs. He was, as he says, a crazy old bloke! He was definitely interesting. But it was nice to talk with him and to see his perspective. As an old Englishman, he had completely different perspectives on everything I've ever thought about. And he just told me about them and told me about them. He was a character! It was a very enjoyable walk! He was so lively! Meeting him was definitely a highlight in a rather bright day! 
My second act of spontaneity came later when my friend and I decided to just go to the firework show at school. Once we got up and out of the house, we found that doing something with our evening was going to be rather fun! We made it to school and found out the whole thing was a carnival! It was so fun and exciting! We walked around and got food and cotton candy, or as she calls it Fairy Floss- she's Australian! It was a real carnival! At 9 o'clock the fireworks went. They were magnificent! I am partial to fireworks because they are one of my favorite things! But they were still wonderful! The whole display was very well done! They even had fireworks that I've never seen before! I stood there with this stupid smile on my face that only comes about when I watch fireworks. I was in utter amazement! Fireworks are one of my all time favorite things! They were dazzling and quite elegant! I had such a great time feeling like a child, happy and amazed! The night was wonderful! And it wouldn't have been unless we did what we did with our spontaneity! I'm thankful for the opportunity to be spontaneous! I am thankful for the serendipity of meeting people who put a smile on my face! Life is full of surprises and I'm thankful that they come around so often!


Until tomorrow's adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment