Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 20

Today, I am thankful for my washer and dryer at home that only my family can use! I know that I am very lucky to be able to use a washer and dryer here in England, but the system that these people have it on is a little ridiculous and very stressful! Doing laundry shouldn't be stressful! There is this whole process of buying a card and 'topping it up' with money each and every time. You have to go online to use your credit card then go to the office to re- activate your card. Then use the card in the machine. This process has to happen every time! It is way more complicated and stressful than I explained, but this is a thankful page and not a whining page, so I kept it to a minimum. Back to the thankful part- I am so glad that we have the luxury at home to have a washer and a dryer and are able to use them whenever we want. (Like throwing a shirt in the dryer at 6:00 in the morning before you get ready for your day just so you can wear it to school.) I'm thankful that I don't have to leave my clothes out in the nasty elements to dry (it has been a crazy weather day here). I am thankful that I don't have to pay for it each time! Having a washer and dryer in my house is such a fortunate thing! I'm glad that something so simple is something worth being thankful for. Those simple things make our lives easier and more pleasant. So the next time you have to do laundry, remember that we have it good- we have a washer and dryer to use!

Tomorrow, my excitement builds as I wait for the day to pass so I can wake up Friday morning and head to London to see Mo. So, if I seem at all scatter- brained tomorrow, that is why!

Tomorrow's another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment